EURASIA LEARNING INSTITUTE FOR HAPPINESS AND WELLBEING
We are Eurasia Learning Institute for Happiness and Wellbeing – ELI is a programme of Eurasia association, a not-for profit organisation working since 1998 as a transformative agent of individual and collective change based in Switzerland.
We work through collaborative processes to generate and develop the conditions for the emergence of a new development paradigm linking inner transformation and social innovation.
We aim to co-create true happiness by living in harmony with self, with others, the common good and our precious planet.
By developing holistic and transdisciplinary learning processes, providing organisational support and organising events to foster deep personal and collective change.
Our team, values and dimensions ELI is embodied by a multicultural, multidisciplinary, multisector community of changemakers who exemplify Gross National Happiness (GNH) values, mindfulness, compassion in action and care.
Reconnection to self, others, the common good and nature are the four fundamental dimensions of ELI work, enabling individuals, communities and organisations to strengthen their capabilities and co-create the emerging future.
ELI, embodied agent of change The ELI identity is one of diversity and synergies, ELI:
- Anchors its approach in transformative systemic, sustainable, equitable individual and collective processes, both for public and private domains, at local, regional or national scales;
- Rely on experiential learning processes that foster the development of individual and collective change
- Facilitate the emergence participative spaces so as to accompany co-created contextualisation inside a safe space, allowing the free flow of ideas, active listening and creativity
- Combines a variety of theoretical frameworks, drawing upon both in-field experiences and scientific research
ELI encourages lifelong learning for all, reinforcing individual capabilities, allowing organisation-wide impact, while also empowering collective change, based on four interconnected processes:
- Learning to learn, to do, to be, to behave and to live together
- Educating and connecting the head (knowledge), the heart (attitude) and the hand (know-how)
- Reconnecting to self, others, the common good and nature
- The development of Happiness Skills
In our conception, true happiness – that is not to be mistaken with superficial feel-good moods can be achieved if a person has the opportunity to learn to develop his full potential, to learn to live in harmony with others, in just institutions, and to learn to respect and protect our fragile environment and live in harmony with nature